Friday 11 December 2009

MY ALBUMS OF 2009

I am going to list my favourite albums of the year over the next few days, and just wanted to explain how I am going to choose them before I put them here. I am simply listing the 10 albums that I received the most pleasure in listening to, found the most interesting and think I will enjoy for a long time. Hopefully you enjoyed some of them too, and perhaps if you haven't heard them, then you could check them out - I think they're worth some of your time.

I also wanted to list the ones that almost made it, ones which I loved but not as much as others, and ones which were good in parts. So here'e the ones unlucky to miss out;

The Horrors - Primary Colours
Jamie T -Kings & Queens
Wild Beasts - Two Dancers
Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest
Yeah Yeah Yeah's - It's Blitz!
Woods - Songs of Shame
Cass McCombs - Catacombs
Julian Casablancas - Phrazes For The Young
Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion
Florence & The Machine - Lungs
Bombay Bicycle Club - I Had The Blues But I Shook Them Loose
The Strange Boys - And Girls Club

Also, here are some albums which show some great potential, and ones which might get bigger in 2010;

Sufrer Blood - Astrocoast
Real Estate - Real Estate
Smithwesterns - Smithwesterns
Bear In Heaven - Beast Rest Forth Mouth