Monday 7 December 2009

Expecting... Fleet Foxes Second LP

Fleet Foxes' Robin Pecknold has confirmed to Pitchforck that the band have started work on the follow up to 2008's self titled debut. After a few years relentless touring, the band have rented a space to work on the album. He thinks the album will be less up-tempo, groove based and recorded quite quickly. Speaking of he rehersal space he stated that "I'm just going down there every day and writing songs ... I want the recording to be really fast. I want to do all the vocal takes in one go, so even if there are fuck-ups, I want them to be on there. I want there to be guitar mistakes. I want there to be not totally flawless vocals. I want to record it and have that kind of cohesive sound."

Pecknold is also taking inspiration from Johnny Marr's favourite, Roy Harper's classic 'Stormcock' (which is reeeally exciting news for me) and has started a side project with his sister, called Rainbow Fang. Expect to hear both next year!