Wednesday 3 March 2010

SARAH JAFFE - SUBURBAN NATURE


I only downloaded this album yesterday but I felt I had to write about it straight away, and to try and get it heard by lots and lots of people. It deserves to heard. Think Slow Club. Think Laura Marling. Think Belle & Sebastian. Think bloody amazing-awesomeness. It's not released for a month or two, and is only on a small label, but I strongly recommend getting your nice little hands on it.

13 beautiful tracks, a truly unique and gorgeous voice, stunning folk acoustic backing. A pleasure to listen to, and I haven't really stopped listening. Here is one of the best tracks, an amazing number called Clementine (a name I've been hearing a lot lately).


I know there is alot of folk/acoustic singer/songwriter stuff out there, but with 'Suburban Nature' must be one of the best releases of the last few years, hopefully Sarah Jaffe will get recognition for it. And I don't even know how to say her last name.